Anyways here is the recipe for my super duper icecream cake:
1) You will need about 3-4 packets of small chocolate bars or about 20 normal sized ones of your choice and a 2 liter tub of your favourite icecream.
I choose pinkys (chocolate covered pink marshmallow and caramel), Chrunchie's (chocolate covered honeycomb), Flakes ( plain choc which is set in a way in where it is crumbly almost) and Mars bars ( chocolate nougat and caramel)
It is best to choose soft chocolates or just chop the hard ones into smaller pieces otherwise it will go rock soild in the freezer
2) Chop your chocolate into small pieces, the smaller the better or you might end up with rock hard lumps of frozen chocolate!! I found it is easier to cut the soft ones with scissors and break the harder ones by crumbling with a knife by 'stabbing' it
My choice of icecream, I couldnt decide on one so I got one with all three!!
Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry!!
3) melt your icecream in the microwave, in sessions of 30 seconds until melted stirring in between
until it looks like this...
4) stir your icecream in a big bowl with the chocolate pieces and pour into a cake tin lined well with baking paper, you dont want any holes or it will leak all over the place and all through you freezer
*speaks from past experience* I wouldnt try, big mess...
5) place glad wrap (cling wrap) over the top pressing it on top of the icecream, then fold over the baking paper and place more glad wrap on top to stop the baking paper unfolding, this stops a skin from forming on the top
6) place in the freezer overnight or until set and ready to be served.
It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the freezer but is best when made fresh!!Serve immediately when taken out of the freezer, to serve, take out of the tin and remove all the paper and wrap, place some gummy lollies on top and decorate with candles (if it is for a birthday) !!!
Lots of love
And I will have the finished product on Saturday!!