Wednesday 25 February 2015

Super yummy Bday (or any old day :)) icecream cake recipe !!!!

Hey guys for the last few years I have made my own icecream cake for my birthday party well more of a gathering anyway haha. It is super easy to make and super yummy to, one of my favorites!! And as my birthday is in 2 days it was time to make it!!It is sad to say that last year when I made it I didnt lick the bowl of melted chocolatety icecream or even nibble at the chocolate that went in, which is very sad. But this year was defiantly different!! Haha I ate so much of it before it went into the freezer and it is my cake so why not??!!!
Anyways here is the recipe for my super duper icecream cake:

 1) You will need about 3-4 packets of small chocolate bars or about 20 normal sized ones of your choice and a 2 liter tub of your favourite icecream.
I choose pinkys (chocolate covered pink marshmallow and caramel), Chrunchie's (chocolate covered honeycomb), Flakes ( plain choc which is set in a way in where it is crumbly almost) and Mars bars ( chocolate nougat and caramel) 
It is best to choose soft chocolates or just chop the hard ones into smaller pieces otherwise it will go rock soild in the freezer
2) Chop your chocolate into small pieces, the smaller the better or you might end up with rock hard lumps of frozen chocolate!!  I found it is easier to cut the soft ones with scissors and break the harder ones by crumbling with a knife by 'stabbing' it
                                     
 My choice of icecream, I couldnt decide on one so I got one with all three!!
Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry!!

 3) melt your icecream in the microwave, in sessions of 30 seconds until melted stirring in between
until it looks like this...
 4) stir your icecream in a big bowl with the chocolate pieces and pour into a cake tin lined well with baking paper, you dont want any holes or it will leak all over the place and all through you freezer
*speaks from past experience* I wouldnt try, big mess...
 5) place glad wrap (cling wrap) over the top pressing it on top of the icecream, then fold over the baking paper and place more glad wrap on top to stop the baking paper unfolding, this stops a skin from forming on the top
6) place in the freezer overnight or until set and ready to be served.
It will keep for up to 2 weeks in the freezer but is best when made fresh!!Serve immediately when taken out of the freezer, to serve, take out of the tin and remove all the paper and wrap, place some gummy lollies on top and decorate with candles (if it is for a birthday) !!!

Enjoy!!!
Lots of love
Livvy xoxox!!!

And I will have the finished product on Saturday!!

2 comments:

  1. Livvy!! This looks amazing!!! I absolutely love ice cream cake and I will definitely be giving this one a try! ;) ooh and here is my own recipe if you ever fancy giving it a go ;)
    http://ganache-elf.blogspot.ie/2014/11/ice-creamcake.html lots of love hun <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy!!! yes I do love icecream cake very much too!!! I would love to give your recipe a go!! My brothers Bday is coming up soon so maybe I will give it a go then!! It is really good and I got lots of compliments from it, one of my friends had four pieces!!! I dont know how she did that but she did :)
    Lots of love
    Livvy xoxo

    ReplyDelete